Call for projects eNTERFACE’18 workshop
- The PDF version of the call for projects can be found here
- Guidelines for authors are available here
piLab of ELEN/ICTEAM research group at Université catholique de Louvain invites project proposals for eNTERFACE’18, the 14th Summer Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces, to be held in Louvain-la-Neuve, from July 9th to 31st, 2018.
Following the success of the previous eNTERFACE workshops held in Mons (Belgium, 2005), Dubrovnik (Croatia, 2006), Istanbul (Turkey, 2007), Paris (France, 2008), Genova (Italy, 2009), Amsterdam (Netherlands, 2010), Plzen (Czech Republic, 2011), Metz (France, 2012), Lisbon (Portugal, 2013), Bilbao (Spain, 2014), Mons (Belgium, 2015), Twente (Netherlands, 2016), Porto (Portugal, 2017), eNTERFACE’18 aims at continuing and enhancing the tradition of collaborative, localised research and development work by gathering, in a single place, leading researchers in multimodal interfaces and students to work on specific projects for 4 complete weeks.
This year’s special topics will be transmedia storytelling and deep learning for improved interactions. There will be masterclasses around those topics during the workshop.
Although not exhaustive, the submitted projects can cover one or several of the topics listed below:
- Art and Technology
- Affective Computing
- Assistive and Rehabilitation Technologies
- Assistive Technologies for Education and Social Inclusion
- Augmented Reality
- Conversational Embodied Agents
- Human Behavior Analysis
- Human Robot Interaction
- Interactive Playgrounds
- Innovative Musical Interfaces
- Interactive Systems for Artistic Applications
- Multimodal Interaction, Signal Analysis and Synthesis
- Multimodal Spoken Dialog Systems
- Search in Multimedia and Multilingual Documents
- Smart Spaces and Environments
- Social Signal Processing
- Tangible and Gesture Interfaces
- Teleoperation and Telerobotics
- Wearable Technology
- Virtual Reality
The general procedure of the eNTERFACE workshop series is as follows. Researchers are invited to submit project proposals. The project proposals will be evaluated by the eNTERFACE steering committee. If accepted, the projects will be published and researchers and students are invited to apply for up to 3 projects they would like to be part of. After notifying the applicants, the project leaders can start building their teams.
Notifications of interest and final project proposals must be submitted by email (PDF) to email@example.com
- Instructions for the 1-page notification of interest: give the title, a short summary of the proposed research and project, and the names and affiliations of the main researchers.
- Instructions for the final proposal: please look at the “Guidelines for authors” PDF file at the top of this page.
March 16th, 2018 : Submission deadline: 1-page Notification of interest for a project proposal with a summary of project goals, work-packages and deliverables
March 24th, 2018 : Submission deadline: Final project proposal
March 31st, 2018 : Notification of acceptance to project leaders
April 2nd, 2018 : Start Call for Participation, participants can apply for projects
May 11th, 2018 : Call for Participation is closed
May 14th, 2018 : Notification of acceptance to participants
June 1st, 2018 : Teams are built
July 9th – 31st 2018 : eNTERFACE’18 Workshop
Victorien Sonneville : firstname.lastname@example.org